Analyst (entry level / junior analyst / analyst)
SAS / Credit risk analyst / modelling analyst / risk analyst / risk modeller / Entry level analyst / junior analyst / Bristol / £18000 up to £30000 dependant on experience
My client is a renowned financial services company based in Bristol. Due to continued growth and future projects my client is looking for an intuitive financial modeller to join the credit risk team. My client is open to an ambitious graduate who can display an aptitude for analytics though the role is open to those with commercial experience also.
The role will be diverse with a project based focus on model building across a range of products and portfolios. The successful candidate will need a bright and enthusiastic demeanour given the opportunity to join a team that is fast paced and dynamic.
As a modelling / scoring analyst within the group credit and market risk team your duties will be varied and will include the following:
- Undertake model developments, ensuring that all relevant model policies, procedures and standards are adhered to throughout
- Undertake reporting and ad hoc analysis as required to support the Retail Division
- Quantify the impact of policy and product changes on Retail models to assist strategy formulation
- Preparation and provision of model related Management Information
- Ensure appropriate Business representatives are fully engaged throughout the Model Lifecycle with the aim of enhancing understanding/awareness
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with Model Owners, Group Risk functions and the Independent Control Unit
The successful candidate will be a self starter that enjoys project based analytical work and has the following experience or ability to adapt to it very quickly:
- Ability to deal with new / emerging best practice concepts
- Strong financial services business acumen
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis packages such as SAS, SPSS, SQL or R
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically using Excel to an advanced level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, enthused and energetic with drive and motivation to achieve agreed goals
To be part of a growing team and gain exposure to a broad range of statistical techniques and financial services products, please apply online or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are acting as an Employment Agency
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol
Salary : £18000.00 - £30000.00 pa + strong benefits
Date Advertised : 25 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.