Java Software Engineer - £45K
Java J2EE SQL , Enterprise Software Engineer Java J2EE Software Engineer , SQL, RDBMS - Bristol UK c £45K. You need a depth of Java platform or supporting technologies ie enterprise java skills, event driven or service orientated architecture.
* Enterprise Java
* Service Orientated architecture
* Strong Java Programming skills and experience in the following:Scalable, concurrent systems
* J2EE Application Servers
* JMS and/or WebSphere MQ
* Competent knowledge of SQL
* Previous experience or knowledge of at least one of the following J2EE Application servers
* BEA WebLogic
* Competent knowledge of a RDBMS, at least one of
* SQL Server
* Experience in a software house/software vendor
* Familiarity with Agile methodology
* Knowledge or Experience of Event Driven Architecture
* Experience with the following:
* VMWare or similar virtualization technologies
* Eclipse RCP
* Google Web ToolKit
Our client based in Bristol at junction of M4 and M5 is a busy software house seeking an experienced Java J2EE Software Engineer working with multiple products, solutions and clients, alongside other development teams on clients products.To develop clients Products ensuring the software meets the requirements and quality standards as defined by client and its customers.
* Involved in the complete product lifecycle from initial requirements definition, design, development and solution configuration through to deployment.
* Design, development, maintenance and unit testing core product source code, predominantly in Java.
* Develop and configure the product using clients proprietary toolkit.
* Support ongoing maintenance and fixes of clients solutions and proprietary toolkit.
* Adhere to clients development process and quality standards.
* Work with all appropriate levels within client to fully understand and translate business requirements.
* Work with Technical Authors to document new functionality.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* BSc (Honours) Computer Science or equivalent or
* Similar degree with significant computing bias (or relevant commercial experience)
* Excellent communication skills
* Professional and confident
* Team player
* Flexible & Adaptable
* Delivery Focus
* Problem Solver
* Need to have a 'can do' attitude to problem management.
* Comfortable in a fast moving SME environment with multiple customers and tasks.
Works well in a busy environment and takes full ownership.
Software Engineer , programmer , developer , analyst
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol, Newport, bath, swindon, Bridgwater, UK, Nationwide, wales, cheltenham, reading, london
Salary : to £45,k + bens
Date Advertised : 19 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.