Electronics Systems Integration Engineer
My client is a leading Defence company and seeks to recruit a Systems Integration Engineer for their exciting Research and Development (R&D) Team.
The R&D programme is charged with creating the next generation of technologies and capabilities to address future needs and to maintain my clients position at the leading edge of innovation and technology. Notable features of the R&D team and its members are innovation and creativity, with the ability to work in an agile fashion to yield research products across a number of domains through a constantly evolving understanding of problems and solutions.
As such, my client seeks an accomplished electronic systems integration engineer with experience in the research and development of land systems to lead integration activities in support of a new initiative in vehicle mission systems.
The Electronics Systems Integration Engineer role will involve electronic systems integration in the context of research and development, specifically requiring a focus on weapon and mission system integration onto military vehicles, encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, including software, electronics, electrical, mechanical/structural, integration and test. The position will be set within a cross-discipline research team, focused upon producing novel technology demonstrators, showcasing cutting-edge mission system concepts through an agile, spiral development approach.
A high degree of latitude is anticipated in the role, exercised in determining the approach to technical solutions as well as future objectives to influence the direction of the research programme and realisation of leading technology demonstrators.
This is a highly skilled and specialised opportunity and suitable candidates will be PhD or EngD qualified or have significant experience in a relevant engineering research organisation or group. In addition you will possess the following essential skills:
- Experience in the specification, design/organisation and implementation of integration and test equipment and facilities.
- Asset management activities including asset usage, scheduled maintenance, build-state configuration and asset allocation.
- Understanding of EMC.
- Understanding of risk, safety and qualification in the context of integration and test with experience of preparation of associated documentation.
- Experience of IT systems such as DOORS for documenting test requirements, verification/validation results and maintaining traceability.
- Experience of agile engineering and rapid iterative prototype development and technology demonstrations.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems defence standards and their application to yield compliant solutions, such as Generic Vehicle Architecture Def Stan 23-09.
- Practical experience of military vehicle operation/function and usability. Tracked/large vehicle operator training may be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally; possession of a current driving license and passport.
If you are able to fulfil all the demanding criteria surrounding this extremely interesting and key position, then please forward your CV and covering letter in the strictest confidence.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bedford, Stevenage, Gloucester, Bristol
Salary : Neg
Date Advertised : 21 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.