An opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and make your mark by shaping our future. We are looking for a commercially experienced, innovative, results focused Finance Analyst with the courage and diplomacy to challenge, influence and make change happen. This is a superb opportunity to use your technical knowledge and experience, in a role in which you will help the business to make decisions about its strategic direction. Using a data driven approach you will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including the analysis and modelling of key business and market trends, preparing financial presentations, acquisition analysis and other projects. As a customer focused, technology driven organisation you will support key Research and Development programmes that will shape the business's future.
Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology provides a range of high performance, flexible tools to semiconductor processing customers involved in research and development, and production. Oxford Instruments plc is a global company with manufacturing facilities, offices and service centres, worldwide and an annual turnover of over £337m.
* Oversee and manage the continued development of financial budgeting, forecasting, planning and data modelling tools, supporting strategic initiatives planning and profitability analysis.
* Analyse financial information and use commercial experience to provide decision support and guidance to managers across the business;
* Prepare ad-hoc finance reports and analysis;
* Involvement in ERP system implementation and enhancement;
* Work with the business development teams to prepare commercial justifications for key commercial projects;
* Support R&D teams in justification and control of key product development programmes;
* Presentations to the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team;
* Develop a reliable Management information framework to monitor key cost drivers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a numerate discipline;
* Financial qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACMA or similar);
* An understanding of management information systems;
* Project management skills;
* Experience of a broad range of accounting issues during training and qualification;
* Capable of accurate and timely analysis of financial information;
* Ideally, exposure to financial analysis within a lean manufacturing environment;
* An excellent understanding of MS Office, incl advanced Excel skills, data mining tools and experience of ERP/MRP systems;
* Utilises a data driven approach and has strong analytical skills;
* Able to interface effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels;
* Good communication skills, both written and spoken. Able to articulate, present and report on complex issues clearly and succinctly.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Yatton, Bristol
Salary : circa.£45,000
Date Advertised : 07 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.