Depot Manager - Keynsham
Competitive Salary + Car +Benefits (depending on experience)
As one of the UK's leading Waste Management & Recycling companies, DS Smith Recycling deliver sustainable business recycling services, including paper recycling and cardboard recycling, through to total waste management solutions for some of the UK's largest corporations, through to small enterprises and public sector bodies.
With no investment in landfill, we commit to optimising recycling and recovery of waste, whilst reducing our customers' costs through a tailored business recycling solution and meeting environmental best practice.
* You will possess a Minimum of HND/NVQ equivalent in a Manufacturing / Business related discipline.
* An IOSH Certificate is desirable.
* Solid experience of managing teams in a recycling/manufacturing/retail industry.
You will have a strong understanding of manufacturing processes in production, supply chain and customers, with the ability to ensure standards of Health, Safety and Environment are upheld.With a proven track record in financial management and strong communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to provide ideas in respect of continuous improvement and have the qualities required for effective leadership bringing a dynamic approach to all aspects of this management position.You will be confident in your presentation skills and be fully competent with MS Office applications.
You will direct and control all production and appropriate commercial matters in such a manner as to deliver the company's operational strategy and objectives without compromising standards in respect of people, plant, machinery and transport. Your responsibilities will include:-
* Maximising profitability from the depot commensurate with agreed volumes.
* Ensuring that all depot processes and procedures are effectively managed, as defined in the procedure manual and all employees fully understand and are committed to their objectives and responsibilities.
* Managing the operation and maintenance of all plant equipment and transport in order to maximise productivity whilst maintaining the operating cost base.
* Liaising with sales to ensure safe operating stock levels are maintained on a weekly basis.
* Monitoring and controlling added value for commercial purchases of raw materials in order to maximise profit.
* Seeking to expand DS Smith recycling's presence by identifying suitable additional or alternative waste paper sources and ensuring all major suppliers of waste paper are regularly visited.
* Retaining continuity of supply through the installation and maintenance of service contracts.
* Promote and develop a safety culture throughout the depot, ensuring the depot operates within the company defined safety policies and minimum requirements.
* Presenting business plans and other relevant financial information as required.
* Monitoring and reporting performance against budget on a monthly basis.
* Continuously reviewing the Operational organisation structure, such that it is always supportive of the business plan.
* Undertaking appropriate manpower planning processes, ensuring the manning levels are always effective.
* Adhering to all aspects of performance management for individuals, including setting and agreeing standards of performance, preparing individual plans and measuring performance through regular reviews.
* Planning and executing measurable objectives and initiatives to improve business performance and profitability.
* Maintain regular contact with commercial sales representatives, providing guidance on aspects and areas of service opportunities and growth.
So if you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity and join a winning team, click apply. You will be transferred to our online application form that will take you 5 minutes to complete. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
People interested in this role may include: Depot Managers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Managers, Supply Chain Managers,
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Keynsham, Bristol, Bath,
Salary : Competitive Salary + Car
Date Advertised : 28 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.