Network Services Engineer
Network Services Engineer
My client is looking to recruit a Network Services Engineer for an inital 6 week contract with the strong possibility of extensions.
The successful Network Services Engineer will be required to ensure successful, efficient and secure operation of my clients Wide Area Network (WAN) and associated infrastructures. The individual will be liaising with internal teams, as well as external suppliers to coordinate and implement operational tasks, changes and problem solving across the WAN.
1. Ensure the effective, efficient and secure operation of the Corporate WAN including associated infrastructures e.g. Remote Access platform, Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Internet Access, etc. Activities will include:
* Proactively working with internal customers to fulfil the operational requirements of network services (e.g. scope of connectivity, protocols, bandwidth needs etc.).
* Perform 2nd level operational support for the network services which will involve troubleshooting and analysis of incidents or problems, fixing incidents where possible, or escalation to 3rd level support. This role has overall responsibility for the operation of network services so must ensure that all internal and external resources are appropriately qualified to resolve all network related incidents.
* Co-ordinate day to day changes to the existing WAN (e.g. bandwidth upgrades, implementation of new network protocols on a site by site basis) by liaising with the requestor as well as the 3rd party WAN supplier. Ensure appropriate change control is followed.
2. Assist the Network Services Manager in establishing and managing the Network Services team by undertaking additional activities as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Knowledge and experience of networking concepts WAN\LAN and TCP/IP
* Experience of configuring enterprise aspects of Microsoft Active Directory and the supporting networking components (e.g. DHCP, DNS).
* Understanding of firewall and Internet security concepts along with experience of administering firewall devices and network security software.
* Experience of operating Windows server hosting environments and associated technologies (e.g. VMWare, Windows Server OS, server hardware, storage).
* Experience of working within an operational support organisation, with an appreciation for service excellence.
* Experience of owning and tracking operational activities with key service suppliers.
* Strong organisational and communication skills, both written and oral.
Please forward your up to date CV for more information about this role.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Bristol
Salary : £20 - £23 p hour
Date Advertised : 05 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.