Event Team Administrator
The Company: The Mike Burton Group Limited
Area of Work: Mike Burton, England Rugby Travel, Lions Rugby Travel
Title: Event Team Administrator
Contract Type: Fixed Term Temporary Contract (until 31 July 2013). Full Time (37½ hours per week)
Salary: £14-16,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Department: Event Team (Operations Department)
Responsible to: Supporter Tours Manager
Location: UK Head Office (Gloucester)
The Mike Burton Group Limited (mikeburton.com)
The Mike Burton Group is one of the world's leading specialists in delivering corporate hospitality, sports related travel and event management.
Lions Rugby Travel (lionstour.com)
Lions Rugby Travel is a joint venture business between British Lions Limited and the Mike Burton Group which has been created to manage the Official Travel Programme for the British and Irish Lions Tour to Australia in 2013.
The British and Irish Lions is the most revered touring team in the northern hemisphere with a legacy that stretches back 125 years. Only the best of the best get the opportunity to wear the distinctive red shirt.
The new business will create, market, sell and operate an extensive supporter tour programme, manage all the flights, accommodation and support services for the team and management as well as assisting the sponsors and VIPs during this six week adventure Down Under in June and July of 2013.
England Rugby Travel (englandrugbytravel.com)
England Rugby Travel is a joint venture business between Mike Burton and the Rugby Football Union (RFU). England Rugby Travel is the official travel company for the England team and delivers supporter travel packages to England's international fixtures, manages all England team travel, the RFU's business travel and club and school tours. England Rugby Travel was an Official Travel Agent for Rugby World Cup 2011, New Zealand, is an Official Travel Agent for the Hong Kong Sevens and provides official supporter travel packages to the RBS 6 Nations and other England fixtures both home and away.
Purpose of Work:
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the Event Team in order to assist with the delivery of Mike Burton Corporate Hospitality, England Rugby Travel and Lions Rugby Travel events and projects.
* Provide the Event Team with general administrative support
* Utilise internal systems to raise invoices and confirmation letters for new bookings received into the department
* Assist with the allocation, creation and distribution of event documentation
* Liaise with internal departments
* Answer incoming telephone calls, assist Event Co-ordinators with queries and requests from clients and suppliers ensuring excellent customer service
* Process and respond to client emails dealing with enquiries and requests
* Assist with staffing logistics for events
* Create meeting agendas and take minutes where required
* Oversee stock levels and distribution of Event Team equipment
* Research new projects and suitable event venues
* Any other duties reasonably required
Skills and Experience:
* Excellent administration skills and rigorous attention to detail
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* A minimum of one year's administration and/or customer service experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent time management skills in order to organise and prioritise work efficiently and effectively, whilst managing ever-changing deadlines
* An extremely flexible approach to work and be prepared to work weekends, evenings and additional hours where required
* Available to travel to events where required, in the UK and worldwide
* A full driving licence
Please send your CV and current salary, along with a covering letter describing what strengths you have as an individual that could be applied to this role and the team to email@example.com by no later than close of business on. Wednesday 20 February 2013. The subject of the email should include the 'job title' and your 'full name'.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Gloucester
Salary : £14-16,000 per annum
Date Advertised : 13 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.