Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
PolySource currently requires a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to play an instrumental role in the design and development of my clients expanding aerospace / defence related product range.
The successful Principal Mechanical Design Engineer will be exposed to a range of engineering disciplines and industries due to the diversity of the work you will undertake. You will take a lead role in the development of capabilities and contribute to the entire product design cycle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
* Design, development and prototyping of electro-mechanical actuation systems for specialised precision engineering applications.
* Creation and peer review of 3D electro-mechanical system models, assembly/component drawings and mechanical layouts for control enclosures.
* Completion and peer review of quality and technical documentation of all work according to company code of practice.
* Management of engineering staff and to motivate / coordinate to ensure that projects achieve their full objectives.
* Customer focal point for designated programmes.
* Coordinating and managing customer reviews.
* Generating technical proposals.
* Approval of technical documentation.
* Budget management.
Your experience to date will ideally include the modelling of physical systems mathematically for prediction and optimisation, as well as, experience of electro-mechanical integration, robotics, actuators and Kinematics.
It is desirable that the successful Principal Mechanical Design Engineer has experience of SolidWorks software or has experience of using a similar design tool such as CATIA. You will also ideally hold a degree in Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
For further information or to apply to this role please contact Becky Veal on 01761 420570 Becky.email@example.com
The services provided by Polysource are those of an employment agency.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Weston-Super-Mare
Salary : £35,000 - £55,000
Date Advertised : 18 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.