ULR Case Handler / Paralegal - Cardiff City Centre
Our client in Cardiff is a fast paced, innovative and growing law firm. They have an exciting opportunity to join their growing Uninsured Loss Recovery Department in the role of Case Handler. The main objective of the role will be to effectively manage a caseload of uninsured loss claims acting at all times in the best interests of the Claimant. You will also ensure that all of the work carried out is of the highest standard and in accordance with Service Level Agreements meeting both internal and external quality requirements.
* Each Case Handler (CH) will independently manage a. caseload of pre-litigated uninsured loss files under supervision of the Team Leader. The number of files will depend on the level of experience and nature and complexity of the cases and the value thereof.
* The CH will comply with the firm's standard service levels and those that are applicable to particular accounts as a result of client preference.
* ULR CH will be expected to monitor and manage own caseload and comply with targets in respect of settlements timescales and settlement ratios, etc as defined within the role by the supervising Team Leader.
* ULR CH will manage all cases in association with the defined processes to ensure the efficient throughput of claims.
* Files will be maintained in accordance with the file maintenance procedures.
* Filing will be kept up to date and in date order.
* The Case Management system will be used properly and effectively in accordance with agreed procedures.
* The CH will manage files to ensure that all payments made and received are accurately recorded, and procedures relating to payment of disbursements and damages are followed without exception.
* Where applicable, the CH based on their individual experience, will be expected to assist the Team Leader in the coaching of new and/or less experienced staff within the team.
* Maths and English to GCSE or equivalent level
* Law degree or experience of RTA claims handling in either insurer or solicitor environment (preferable)
* Ability to assess liability and quantum and negotiate with relevant parties
* Strong organisational skills
* Self motivated & drive to achieve targets
* Ability to manage diary system and prioritise workload
* Willingness and desire to keep up to date with legal developments/relevant case-law
* Computer and keyboard skills
* Ability to concentrate in an open office environment
* Ability to work well with others
* Attentive to detail
Contact TSR LEGAL for further information.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cardiff, Newport, Wales, Swansea, South Wales, Uk, Bristol
Salary : Negotiable
Date Advertised : 18 Dec 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.